Concealed carry, is a practice of carrying a weapon in a public place in a concealed manner. The weapon is concealed either on themselves like a shoulder holster beneath their suit coat or in a sock or belts or in a proximity range that is hidden from a persons view.
Having a concealed weapon in a public place would require a permit or a license allowing one to possess the weapon without any lawful actions. You can receive a CCW Permit either through conventional classroom training or through online classes.
Given modern conveniences, some may think is getting a concealed carry permit online a possibility. But, it depends on what state you’re getting a license in or from or if you’re obtaining a non-resident permit.
The CCW is available to any American citizen residing in any of the 50 states, as long as they meet the following list of requirements:
- Can lawfully possess a firearm under federal law ( not subject to felony, not accused of domestic violence, etc.)
- Not convicted of two or more violations within the last five years.
- Not declared insane, mentally incompetent, or even treated in a mental institution within the last 5 years
- Not convicted of a DUI or for public drunkenness within the past 3 years
- Not convicted of assault or of usage of a firearm within the past 3 years
- Not convicted of stalking
There are two ways to obtain a Non-Resident Concealed Carry License:
1) Is a conventional method where, Training course and a local range, gun-shop, or “instructor” to guide you with the live fire. Hopefully, their location isn’t too far away from your residence. You can then ask to see the instructor’s credentials to ensure that they are specifically approved by the state, and that their certifications meet the requirements, and that they are valid. Next is that the instructor actually knows how to teach in a professional approach and an engaging manner. Next, look through their schedule to see when the next available training course is and hope that matches your timeline and is coming sooner, that it’s not already full of other students, that it’s on a day that you can make it happen, that it won’t take up your whole day (or days) since it usually ranging from 10 to 12 hours, and that it’s affordable (less than $100?).
2) You can take a 20-minute course from CCW Permit Online that is taught by an approved, certified, and professional instructor, wherever and whenever you want to learn at the comfortability of your home.
There are even many free training courses available and include resources that might help you. Also, the CCW Permit may cover some states that aren’t included with your current permit. Online trainings are swift some are even just 20 minutes. You can complete the required training and complete the quiz within 30 minutes. You can get this CCW irrespective of which state you live in.
The benefit of the online training is that it can be considered as a standalone training and on course completion, a certificate will be issued which satisfies the training required to qualify you to apply for a Concealed Carry Weapon permit. The only thing pending for you to receive the permit is that one must still apply and be approved.
There are even certain online services that offer a complete package of the training and the application process support. They help with the application process, and offer a CCW Application guide to understand the procedures involved. A CCW Permit can be obtained after you have your certificate from a certified online training provider – even if you’ve never even stepped foot in the state.
The process is simple as that first take the course, then pass the concealed carry test, then apply for your CCW Permit Online.